First things first..
1. Check the weather.
This is the most important thing to do before starting to pack as you have to dress for the season. No matter where you are travelling abroad you to need to wear some layers whether it's a coat, scarf, a cardi, etc....
2. Respect the country/culture you are visiting
This naturally depends on where you are going but try to avoid wearing shorts, (Daisy Dukes style), mini skirts, transparent garments or anything strapless as these may cause unwanted attention.
3. Duration of your stay/holiday
Go for lightweight travel clothes, and if you are not going to wear it for more than three times just do not pack it! Make sure that every garment you take complements every other garment or that at least it has two uses (scarf worn as a wrap, sarongs worn as a skirt/dress, white shirt). Also rolling your clothes rather than folding them saves some space.
What to wear:
- comfortable pair of walking shoes
- cardigans, sweaters, wraps, scarves, pashminas
- secure purse/bag - to avoid pick pocketers
- dark coloured/pattern garments - great at trying to camouflage stains and wrinkles/creases
- a good pair of sunglasses
- white shirt
- pair of jeans
- black dress/black pencil skirt (you can never go wrong with the little black dress!! :))
What not to wear:
- a new pair of shoes
- anything that is very expensive such as jewellery/bags
- baseball caps
- white runners
Rosie travelling in style